Indianapolis Fruit, a family-owned and operated companies that supplies fresh produce to grocers, institutions and other retailers across 14 Midwest states, was honored this week for their use of fleet tracking by Connected World magazine.
Initially, Indianapolis Fruit turned to telematics for its 150 vehicles as a suggestion from their insurance provider to lower premiums, but the company has realized many more benefits than expected including:
- Reduction of over $200,000 in annual fuel costs
- 10,000 hours of unproductive time eliminated annually
- 75% reduction in idle time
- Accurate ETA for customer deliveries, improving customer relationships
- 77% reduction in inbound customer and driver phone calls per day
- Increased sales enabled by identifying gaps between deliveries
Congratulations to Mike Gilbert and the entire team at Indianapolis Fruit on being recognized for your efforts to maximize your telematics system!