As America’s leading distributor of marine parts, Land ‘N’ Sea needed a better way to keep tabs on its large fleet of 42 vehicles out of 11 warehouses coast-to-coast. The company sought a fleet-management solution to maximize operational efficiencies, as well as cut costs.
Smarter navigation leads to decreased overtime
Driver efficiency increased as soon as Land ‘N’ Sea implemented GPS-based tracking from Teletrac Navman. Using Activity Reports, the company has made routes more efficient. When drivers do have downtime, they are utilized in the warehouse. These small changes add up to almost $2,000 in overtime savings a week.
Robust reporting helps cut fuel costs
Our award-winning fleet management software performs an array of in-depth reports. Land ‘N’ Sea uses these reports to save on fuel, monitoring overall activity as well as idling times. By applying this insight, Land ‘N’ Sea has cut fuel consumption by 10% each month.
Additional highlights from Teletrac Navman
- Improved Customer Communications: With Teletrac Navman GPS tracking, dispatchers know the precise location of every truck and every order, and can provide their customers instant, up-to-date ETAs on their deliveries.
- Increased Efficiencies: Geofences alert the warehouse when a returning driver is five miles out. Now when the driver arrives, the manifest and invoices are ready, and the next load is waiting at the bay.
- Optimized Route Planning: Replay-A-Day has enabled Land ‘N’ Sea to improve route planning—expediting deliveries and simultaneously saving fuel.
- Maintained Lease Mileage Limits: Using Mileage Reports, Land ‘N’ Sea can track fleet mileage and rotate trucks to keep them within the allowable lease mileage.
Since implementing Teletrac Navman, Land N Sea has:
- Averaged a monthly savings of: $188 per vehicle
- Gained a total monthly savings of: $7,896
- Achieved a total yearly savings of: $94,752
Learn how you can achieve the same results. Check out our Fleet Management Solutions.